Here we are going teach for rooting your device in the easiest way possible and in the three most used OS: Linux, Mac and Windows . Today we are going to root Nexus 7 . In my opinion this device has a quality / price unbeatable and would not trade mine for anything, so if you have got one and you want to root … go!
Requirements TO ROOT THE NEXUS 7 (2012 AND 2013)
Rooting process is not complicated, but keep in mind a few things. This part will repeat every time you want to format a device, so you should know and memory;).
The items will always be common in rooteos all devices consist of good drivers have installed the USB device and having Debugging mode (USB Debugging Mode) enabled .
Also consider that the process of unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty, but the process is reversible.
To enable debug mode USB should only go to the development options in the setup menu from our Nexus 7 . If no we activate them. For that we go to Settings> About phone> and will press several times on the option “Build Number” . A message will tell us that we have enabled development options.
How to root the Nexus 7 (Windows)
Just as we did with the Nexus 4 (and we will do with all devices in the range Nexus), of all the methods for root we devices Nexus is one that is certainly the simplest, and you can rooting your device few minutes. We’ll do it from the “Nexus Root Toolkit “.
Download and unzip on your PC. We will open it and follow the following steps:
- If you do not have installed the drivers can start by clicking on the option “Full Driver Installation” . The program will guide you through the process is very simple.
- We connect the Nexus 7 to pc with USB Debugging mode enabled
- Once we recognize the Nexus will click the button Unlock . The program will take care of the whole process.
- After that we will just click the Root button, with the option Custom Recovery on.
And although it seems too simple, that’s it. Consider that when you make the step UNLOCK desbloqueareis the bootloader, and all your information will be deleted.You should make a copy of everything you want.
As if that were not enough, the Nexus Toolkit gives us the option to do a Backup and completely restore it.
How to root the Nexus 7 (Mac)
As for the Nexus 4 will use the Mac Toolkit, one above but designed for simple system like Mac .
- We will download the utility from this link
- Unzip the downloaded file and will press on the Green Android
- We will put our Nexus 7 mode bootloader . For this we will turn off our device and then open back while pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + switch . The Nexus mode enter bootloader .
- The Toolkit we detect the device and from there we just follow the steps indicate.
How to root the Nexus 7 (Linux)
For Linux a good option is to use the Linux Nexus Toolkit . To make the process we will:
- How to always have properly installed the USB drivers and enter debug mode.
- Will download the toolkit from this link and extract the .tgz where we want.
- We will open a terminal and write:
cd “THE PATH WHERE THE gnlt.sh FILE”
sudo bash /unlt.sh
Then from the program interface only have to perform the operations you want.