Since available CyanogenMod 12 we now have available more versions of Android 5.0 Lollipop for different devices have already been several who have received their port of CM12 and this time we found a giant family of Samsung are talking about the Samsung Galaxy S4 that now you can have Android 5.0 Lollipop unofficially but quite functional for what you can and know all the news of Lollipop on your device, but for now only for variants of Qualcomm
CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 on Samsung Galaxy S4 Lollipop
This version of CM12 is the first that has been ported or developed directly for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and it is now possible to test it in our devices, best of all, this version is more polished than the others that exist for other devices, for we find that has very few Bugs and this could be installed and recommended for daily use , but remember we could find even several errors that have not been reported so careful with the rom that even stable may have flaws.
The bugs that are currently in this version of Lollipop hand CyanogenMod for Galaxy S4 are:
- F2FS (works only for / system, formatting / cache Makes unbootable ROM)
Having clarified this and you are sure to want to try it can continue with the installation method.
- Make a backup of your data as all will be lost.
- Having our Galaxy S4 with Root and Custom Recovery |
- Have a minimum of 50% battery
Install CyanogenMod 12 Android 5.0 on Galaxy S4 Lollipop
- Download the rom (choose the most recent) | CyanogenMod 12 Galaxy S4 download the Gapps |Gapps CM12 and download SuperSU beta (only if you want root) | SuperSU beta
- Copy the rom, the gaps and SuperSU to the memory of your device.
- Turn off your device and enters the recovery.
- Within the recovery takes ordinary wipes ( Factory reset, cache, cache davilk, format system )
- After you flash the rom install zip from sdcard and looking from the zip file you downloaded.
- After you flash the gapps in the same way as above and if you want to root also flashes SuperSU beta
- Restart your device but patient take longer than 5 minutes and ready.
After this we have installed CyanogenMod 12 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop in our Samsung Galaxy S4.
Hopefully eventually update the ROM to hold land without any bug and as we announce more ROMS available.
Official Thread | XDA Developers