Today we shall discuss installing Android Lollipop 5.0 on Galaxy s5 device. On latest update galaxy devices can be upgraded to android lollipop. So we are using galaxy S5 for installing android 5.0 with root. Galaxy devices are the main stream phones for the Samsung which it is regularly proving the android updates rolling out from the google.The latest version in the android stream is 5.0 lollipop and this version of android is only granted to the top smartphones in every smartphone company. As Google started its official updates for their nexus phones while coming to the Samsung one they have announced that some variants such as Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, galaxy s4 and galaxy s5 will get their lollipop update very soon.
Coming to the changes caused when u install Android lollipop on a Samsung galaxy device is, complete change in the ne Touch Wiz UI inspired from the Google’s Material Design. Notification bar is complete transparent and on the lock screen new notifications are introduced and firmware is much more responsive. The battery life of the smartphone has been improved. The whole viewing experience changes compared to the kitkat version and the lollipop version coming with all the material look to the phone adding lot of animations and colors.
Points before rooting
- The steps that are mentioned below are for the device Galaxy S5 G900FD.To check about the device details go to Settings->More/General->About Device or Settings->About Device.
- Your Smartphone battery must be fully charged with atleast 60%.If the battery is weak then there is a possibility of failure in your routing process which your flashing process get soft bricked.
- To connect the android phones to the personal computer use the OEM data cable. Don’t use the ordinary cables use only the original ones to avoid interrupt to the flashing process.
- While at the time of install you will be losing all your stored data in the smartphone.So, to avoid this backup everything. Backup SMS messages, Backup Calllogs, Backup Contacts, and Backup Media.
- Check whether that all the required drivers are installed on the personal computer or not. Download Android USB driver’s.
- They are some required downloads and installations to be done
Download and extract Odin3 v3.10.6.
Download and extract firmware to get the .tar.md5 file. Click here
- In order to proceed for the installation process first follow above points carefully and start the process.
- For the process of neat installation wipe your device. Next boot in to the recovery mode and start the data reset.
- After that go to the downloaded file Odin3.exe and open it.
- Put your G900FD in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, you should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- No through the USB cable connect your device to the PC.
- There on the PC screen it appears Odin applications which it shows the device when it get detected. When the device get detects the ID: COM box turns to blue.
- Next go to the AP tab or PDA tab based up on the version you are using and hit it. There it appears and select firmare.tar.md5 which it is already downloaded and extracted.
- For version 3.07 just hit PDA tab no other options are touched here. Follow the below picture for complete understanding.
- After all the above process are done correctly then click on start button.
- Wait till the firmware flashing is complete, here it shows up the green color the flashing process for the successful installation.
- Disconnect your device once the flashing process has done successfully.
- To check your new lollipop boot the device once to check out the new firmware.
- Now there it is your smartphone is running with all new Android 5.0 lollipop firmware.