Finally after the release of the SDK for Android 5.0 Lollipop , which many developers began to compile this version of Android on your Roms, to be adapted to interface Material Design and test new features, now we have the official update Lollipop Android for Google Nexus compatible, which can be installed via OTA and Image Fabrica, in case you do not want to wait until you get the update notification on your device.
How to install Android 5.0 on your Google Nexus Lollipop:
As mentioned always Google Nexus are the first devices to receive the update, but not all Nexus will have its official version of Android Lollipop , but do not worry, like the rest of smartphones and tablets will enjoy Roms based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
– Make a backup of your data as it is likely to lose all your information
– Install the Android SDK that has the last adb Updated | Android SDK (not required)
– You can only have the adb with the files necessary to install an image of manufactures, download | Tools ADB .
– You must have device drivers installed | Google USB Driver
– Have at least 50% battery.
Manufactures Install Android 5.0 Images Lollipop
Download the official image of Android Lollipop for Google Nexus Compatible:
Nexus 4 Android 5.0 Image Factory | occam-lrx21t-factory-51cee750.tgz
Nexus 7 WiFi 2012 (Nakasi) | nakasi-lrx21p-factory-93daa4d3.tgz
Already downloaded the factory image will only have to unzip anywhere on your PC and then add it to the ADB Tools folder or you can copy the folder platform-tools from the Android SDK you have installed on your PC.
1- Enters the mode bootloader (and turn off the device while pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power)
2- Connect your device in bootloader mode via USB to your computer and run the file lyrics all.bat if we are in Windows
Important: If you only want to install and upgrade the image of make, then you must edit the file lyrics all.bat image factory discharged your Nexus with a text editor like Notepad ++, where you must eliminate -w (which is what makes full wipe) under “fastboot -w update image-occam-krt16s.zip”, you should look like: “fastboot update image-occam-krt16s.zip” Save changes and rerun flash-all. bat to proceed to install the factory image without make full wipe and delete your personal data and installed apps.
3- The file flash-all.sh if you are using any Linux distribution.
4- Once executed just waiting for the process to finish, without disconnecting the device from the computer and mobile as we have already been shipped with the version of Android 5.0 Lollipop .
And after about 10 minutes ready to take on your Nexus Android Lollipop .
Please enable developer options to enable USB debugging important to release the bootloader and root access step.
Important: When flashing the image of Android Lollipop for the Nexus 7 WiFi 2012 may receive an error when flashing the bootloader, do not give importance and continues flashing this picture because this error is by far not as inconsistent, if not let you restart the system.img and boot.img flashea files.
Install Android 5.0 OTA Lollipop:
Download OTA Android Lollipop for your device.
- Nexus 5 – [LRX21O from KTU84P, 479MB] | hammerhead-LRX21O-from-KTU84P.c1a33561.zip
- Nexus 5 – [LRX21O from KTU84Q, 479MB] | hammerhead LRX21O form KTU84Q
- Nexus 4 – [LRX21T from KTU84P, 394MB] | occam LRX21T from KTU84P
- Nexus 10 – [LRX21P from KTU84P, 325MB] | mantaray-LRX21P-from-KTU84P.3f896c61.zip
- Nexus 7 WiFi (2013) – [LRX21P from KTU84P, 389MB] | razor LRX21P from KTU84P
- LTE Nexus 7 (2013) –
- Nexus 7 WiFi (2012) – [LRX21P from KTU84P, 311MB] nakasi LRX21P from KTU84P
- Nexus 7 WiFi + 3G (2012)
- Nexus 9 – [LRX21Qfrom LRX21L, 37.3MB] | Volantis LRX21Q from LRX21L
- HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition
- HTC One (M7) Google Play Edition
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition
OTA installation process:
Installation Manual (Recommended) even if you have Root and TWRP or CWM Recovery :
- Download and save the .zip file for the update on the ADB Tools folder.
- Turn your Nexus and press both Volume Up + Volume Down + Power to enter bootloader mode.
- When you see the fastboot menu, navigate using the volume keys to access the stock or custom recovery you have on your device and press the Power button.
- If you have revocery stock when an icon with an exclamation you must press simultaneously Volume Up + Power appears and you get a menu with several options.
- Select apply update from adb .
- Connect your device to your PC.
- ADB Tools folder press the Shift + Click right button and choose Open command window here, and you must write: adb sideload next to the name of the update and Enter to perform the update.
For Android 4.4.4 Nexus 4 KTU84P:
adb sideload 1c6f10c34ed54fb29844906b2f041c900ba23a6b.signed-occam-LRX21T-from-KTU84P.1c6f10c3.zip
For Android 4.4.4 Nexus 5 KTU84P:
adb sideload c1a33561be84a8a6a7d5a4c8e3463c4db9352ce6.signed-hammerhead-LRX21O-from-KTU84P.c1a33561.zip
For Android 4.4.4 Nexus 5 KTU84Q:
adb sideload 67fdc56df808024ba5ebd95d4e16358c3b4f96cb.signed-hammerhead-LRX21O-from-KTU84Q.67fdc56d.zip
For Android 5.0 Nexus 9 LRX21L:
adb sideload e0ce5d82beb8e696adc518bb88dc437903b0eaba.signed-volantis-LRX21Q-from-LRX21L.e0ce5d82.zip
For the Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4 Wifi 2013 KTU84P:
adb sideload 5a0f7a47588c268c239e58cf568823c6637c5af1.signed-razor-LRX21P-from-KTU84P.5a0f7a47.zip
For the Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4 Wifi 2012 KTU84P:
adb sideload 4939a9ff6d10c495beaed26ac96228246f724272.signed-nakasi-LRX21P-from-KTU84P.4939a9ff.zip
For Android 4.4.4 Nexus 10 KTU84P:
adb sideload 3f896c6158a5b8a2ebf8e85462a6fb9f6ebc8523.signed-mantaray-LRX21P-from-KTU84P.3f896c61.zip
Root and Recovery in Nexus with Android 5.0 Lollipop
In order to root your Nexus with Android 5.0 Lollipop only must download the version for your device and follow the steps
Before continuing with the procedure, it is necessary to activate the Options Developer, for it Settings> About Device and press more than 7 times in a row the number Compilation until a message is displayed notifying the developer options are enabled.
WARNING sometimes command of the root can delete all your information so I recommend making a backup before performing the process
Then from your device go to Options developer and check the box Enable OEM unlocking / permit OEM unlock and then below on or tick the USB Depuracion.
- Unzip the ZIP file to produce a file called ” root-windows.bat “
- Connect the device to the computer itself fastboot mode and efficiently execute previous file
- You will then need only disconnect the device and restart.
Another method Root if this were to not work is to use the Nexus Root Toolkit has been updated and is now compatible with Android 5.0 Lollipop
If you followed the steps correctly and we rooted our Google Nexus with Android 5.0 Lollipop .
Error Missing system.img
If you were already very excited about this great fresh-install version Android , and you met a problem that is affecting many users trying to install the image produced here is the solution.
Flash the bootloader and radio (radio does not appear at all, if you are in the tgz not need it)
fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here> .img
fastboot flash radius <radius file name here> .img
Then we need to restart the bootloader to load the new version, do not skip this step!
Now just follow the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
if you have a Nexus 9 includes this command
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img Then if we clear the cache and user data (clear all), we have to flash this:
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
Finally, we have to restart your Android device to boot with the new version
Guests Internal Memory
if after flashing the userdata.img your internal memory is reduced to 16GB , you should only enter the recovery and make another Full wipe, with this the error is resolved.
That’s all, it can have the latest available version of Android 5.0 Lollipop for some Nexus devices, as released the full update for all devices and update the note.