People made motorolls moto g a big success following to it jut relased advanced motog2 2and generation to prove it success Today returns to the fray after a review of its original model with a new Moto G has unveiled at the IFA taking place in Berlin. Let’s see what hides this small Moto G grows slightly and learn of the possible shortcomings of the past.
New Moto G, technical specifications
Moto G new base maintains the previous specifications. Its size screen does grow, from 4.5 to 5 inches diagonal , while maintaining the same resolution HD (1,280 x 720 dots) in IPS panel with Gorilla Glass. This makes your point density drops something, of the 329 we see in the original to the 294 who remain in this.
Its hardly changes, we design a phone that adopts the E seen in Moto, six grams fattening until the design 149. Its thickness is reduced, however, in its half millimetre thick part to 11 millimetres (still not small or approach, but aims to be equally comfortable with its six millimetres at the edges). Its plant is 70.7 x 141.5 mm.
Inside we look the same Snapdragon 400 , quad-core 1.2 GHz with adreno 305 to 450MHz. Nothing Snapdragon 410 or possible updates to the 64 bits here, although L. Comes to Android with the same battery of 2,070 mAh.
There will be two versions of internal storage, 8 and 16 gigabytes. Both come with a gig of RAM and supports microSD cards up to 32 GB. What does this time it seems to get 4G connectivity, although yes there is a 4G variant of the original?
The camera does improve slightly, now 8 megapixels (5 in the original), with aperture f / 2.0 (from f / 2.4). Its front camera also reaches 2 megapixels.
The phone, as we advanced, come with Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), although guaranteed upgrade to the next version of Google’s mobile operating system: Android L .
|New Motorola Moto G, specifications|
|Physical Dimensions||141.5 x 70.7 mm
6 to 11.0 millimeters thick
|Screen||5 inch IPS|
|Resolution||HD 1280 x 720, 294 dpi|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
Quad Core 28nm Cortex-A7 @ 1.2 GHz
|Graphics Processor||Adreno 305 @ 450 MHz|
|Memory||8/16 GB, expandable|
|Version||Android 4.4 (Kitkat)|
|Expansion Ports||MicroUSB 2.0
MicroSD up to 32GB
|Rear Camera||8 Megapixel f / 2.0|
|Access Google Play||Yes, standard|
Restore Moto G 2and generation 2014 to Stock and Lock the Bootloader
- Download the 2nd Gen. Moto G (XT1063 / XT1064 / XT1068 / XT1069) firmware from Below.
Moto G (XT1063 / XT1064 / XT1068 / XT1069) firmware
- Download mini fastboot kit: mfastboot-v2.zip [mirror]
- Download and install (alternate link) your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Moto G 2014: go to Settings> About and tab Build version 7 times to unlock Developer options. The go to Settings> Developeroptions and enable USB Debugging.
- Backup your apps and data as flashing the firmware would wipe them all. Use these apps backup your data.
- Last but not the least, charge your phone to ensure at least 70% battery.
Restore Moto G 2and generation 2014 to Stock
- Download the firmware file and extract it to a folder.
- Extract mfastboot-v2.zip and copy its content to the same folder where the extracted firmware files exist.
- Reboot your Moto G into the Bootloader Mode. You can do it using either of the methods given below:
- Turn off your phone and then press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Connect your Moto G to computer using the USB cable. Open the firmware folder where you have copied the mfastboot files. Launch a command window, type the following command and press the Enter key:
- Now here is how to flash the stock firmware. Make sure the device is connected via USB cable and launch a command window from inside the firmware folder and type the following commands one by one:
mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin mfastboot.exe flash boot boot.img mfastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot.exe erase modemst1 mfastboot.exe erase modemst2 mfastboot.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot.exe erase cache mfastboot.exe erase userdata
- If you also want to lock your phone’s bootloader, type the following command and hit the Enter key:
mfastboot.exe oem lock
- Finally, reboot your device by typing:
- You Moto G will reboot now but if it is unable to pass the boot screen, try this: turn off the device, go to Bootloader mode, launch command window wipe cacahe and userdata by issuing these commands:
mfastboot.exe erase cache mfastboot.exe erase userdata
- To relock the bootloader on your Moto G 2014, type the following command and hit the Enter key:
mfastboot.exe oem lock
Wait till your phone boots up. Done! You have successfully restored your Moto G 2014 to stock!